The Best Airbus?
Lots of you are asking - which is the best Airbus to fly in the sim? Opinions, so the saying goes, are like backsides - everyone has one. But I'll give it a go!
For Prepard3D v4/v5:
- Flight Sim Labs Airbus A319/20/21 - this is the one we used for the filming and is by FAR the most comprehensive Airbus simulation in existence. Highly recommended!
- Aerosoft A319/20/21 Professional - a less complex simulation, but still a decent Airbus experience for those wanting a simpler aircraft. Note that there are some compatibility issues in Prepar3D v5.
For X Plane 11:
- Tollis Airbus A319/21 - lacks some system modelling compared to the Flight Sim Labs Airbus (and even the Flight Factor version for XP) but overall is a very comprehensive Airbus experience and is rewarding to fly. Great frame rates, a good looking model and quick customer support make this our Airbus of choice in X-Plane 11.
- Flight Factor A320 Ultimate - Great systems modelling and a solid effort by Flight Factor. Can be tougher on FPS than the Tollis Airbus though and the visual model is showing its age inside the flight deck in some areas.
- FlyByWire A32NX - MSFS is an amazing visual next-gen simulator and includes a stunning Airbus to compliment our 27 episode training syllabus. While there are some limitations to the systems depth and displays of the default Airbus, community group FlyByWire have created a modded version which is improving every single day. While it lacks some of the features of the most advanced Airbus simulators available for Prepar3D and X-Plane 11, the A32NX is definitely shaping up to be a fantastic Airbus platform - and it's free!
Which is your favourite Airbus? Post in the comments below.
So far I am on the Nice to Geneva leg in Toliss A321 and A319 in xplane. I have yet to find a button, a switch or a screen functionality that is discussed in the video and not working in the cockpit. Ok I’m lying the PA switch in Toliss does not work :). Couple that with simplicity and user friendliness of XP as a platform over P3D and I’m hard pressed to boot up P3D and FS labs to follow along.
Ive used the areosoft a32x on P3D V3 and V4 and taught me the basics to a point that when i went to XP11 i got the FF320 which is my fav but as the FBW 320 gets updated in MSFS2020 its quickly catching up. I’ve been flying sim busses for about 4 years and have learnt a lot more about them since the cadet program came out, when i thought i knew my way around them already
I bought the FF A320 quite awhile ago, when it was (and might still be) the best Airbus for X-Plane.
Hadn’t dipped my toe into the P3D waters at that time, either (though now It’s safe to say I’ve cannonballed right into the deep end!), so had no idea FSL even existed.
Between the fact that my parents were Boeing fans through and through, and FF’s paltry A320 documentation, I never really spent any time with it.
But the Airline2 Sim series (which I just discovered), has completely reinvigorated my desire to learn The Big Iron. Really looking forward to bothering the A320 and Q400. And probably the 777 whenever PMDG releases a p3d v5 compatible version. 😁
I don’t know if the question should be which Airbus I prefer as which sim I prefer to fly the Airbus in.
I’m transitioning across from the PMDG 737 on P3D to the A320NX on FS 2020. The mod version is coming on nicely but the base sim still has some troublesome problems, (left wing drop on flare at times being particularly annoying). Hopefully Asobo will help the Fly By Wire folk by solving some of the base sim model issues. I certainly wouldn’t use it on Vatsim yet. But the visuals are so great in MSFS I just can’t face going back to P3D, so a great time to get some good base training in!