The Best Airbus?
Lots of you are asking - which is the best Airbus to fly in the sim? Opinions, so the saying goes, are like backsides - everyone has one. But I'll give it a go!
For Prepard3D v4/v5:
- Flight Sim Labs Airbus A319/20/21 - this is the one we used for the filming and is by FAR the most comprehensive Airbus simulation in existence. Highly recommended!
- Aerosoft A319/20/21 Professional - a less complex simulation, but still a decent Airbus experience for those wanting a simpler aircraft. Note that there are some compatibility issues in Prepar3D v5.
For X Plane 11:
- Tollis Airbus A319/21 - lacks some system modelling compared to the Flight Sim Labs Airbus (and even the Flight Factor version for XP) but overall is a very comprehensive Airbus experience and is rewarding to fly. Great frame rates, a good looking model and quick customer support make this our Airbus of choice in X-Plane 11.
- Flight Factor A320 Ultimate - Great systems modelling and a solid effort by Flight Factor. Can be tougher on FPS than the Tollis Airbus though and the visual model is showing its age inside the flight deck in some areas.
- FlyByWire A32NX - MSFS is an amazing visual next-gen simulator and includes a stunning Airbus to compliment our 27 episode training syllabus. While there are some limitations to the systems depth and displays of the default Airbus, community group FlyByWire have created a modded version which is improving every single day. While it lacks some of the features of the most advanced Airbus simulators available for Prepar3D and X-Plane 11, the A32NX is definitely shaping up to be a fantastic Airbus platform - and it's free!
Which is your favourite Airbus? Post in the comments below.
I use the MFSF FlyByWire A32NX
Been flying Aerosoft version for some time; just purchased FSL version so I can get a more comprehensive experience along with the videos.
FSLABS A320 for me